Thursday, October 20, 2011

Trudging through

Right now I'm enjoying my book for ap lit better than my recreational reading book. That's kinda sad. Slaughterhouse five is just everywhere, and I just realized that its not the author that's transporting the reader back and forth in time, the actual narrator is capable of time travel and is moving to different times. It tells the story of his encounters with the people from a different planet but obviously that's not happening, right? I guess its really not a confusing as I make it out to be but I just want to be done with it so I can move on to other books that I've been wanting to read. Yeah and it kills me, absolutely kills me to stop a book en medias res. It really does. (Added a vocab word and sounded like holden caulfied. Boom. Roasted.) So anyway this guy has seen awful things in war so he doesn't mind being held captive in a zoo because he hates life so much. That's because he married a fat woman that he doesn't like and has hallucinations and depression. They reference a lot of books in here but I haven't read any of them so I'm not sure what the author is trying to imply when he alludes to them. That kills me. The protagonist has a fascination with sci fi books so that could explain why he has weird hallucinations about time travel and other planets. to those who have read the book you're probably thinking I'm an idiot and not getting it, so sorry. I'm just not interested so I get distracted and then miss abunch of things that tell what's happened. Ill try to give it my utmost attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment