Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Maudlin Nicholas Sparks

I read the prologue when I was 191 pages into the book. It would have ruined it for me (or maybe not because the book is so predictable anyway) but it also probably would have made me not want to read the book. I thought it was just going be some feel-good nice uncomplicated love story but it had to take a nicholas-sparks-turn to a mushy maudlin story. Turns out the title "the choice" didn't refer to the girl choosing between two men, but a husband choosing to abide by his wife's wishes and let her die after she has been in a coma for three months. I should have known it would take a turn for the worse when everything was fine and dandy and there was still 100 pages left in the book. But see, I never read the backs of books or a small summary of what a book is about because I feel like it ruins the whole book. My friends think I'm a little psychotic about it because I don't even watch the trailers for movies. And believe me, its really hard to guard your eyes from the many trailers that happen so often when Harry Potter is coming out. But anyway, I cried in this book, and dang-it, I didn't want to. I just wanted to be happy. Maybe this is a lesson to read the prologues, but honestly I don't think I will.
I should really read something with substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment