Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Ragamuffin Gospel

Well it took me awhile but I finally finished the ragamuffin gospel by brennan manning. It was really good and really convicting and it helped me a lot. It focused on the fact that humans are worthless and even our good works are pathetic in light of Gods power. This is good though, because it shows the magnitude of His mercy and grace. It lifts an impossible weight off my shoulders and gives me hope and salvation. Because I couldn't do it alone, and when I tried I broke down and thought that I was a lost cause because I couldn't do everything Jesus asked for. I thought for a long time that I was going to Hell because I couldn't be perfect. But He loves me just the same and accepts me with open arms, full of a love so amazing I cannot even comprehend. I can not boast about my invitation to Heaven because I haven't been saved by works but through grace by faith in Jesus Christ.
What a beautiful God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment