Friday, September 30, 2011

Currently

 This week I read Perfect by Ellen Hopkins, and How to be Alone by Jonathan Franzen.
Because Hopkins' books do not have many words on the page, I divided the number of pages read by 3.
Pages this week: 281

Favorite Sentences:
1. "Happy is the distance between public and private!"-How to be Alone
2. "The details of death are the favbric nightmares are sewn from."-Perfect
3. "I mourn the eclipse of the cultural authority that literature once possessed, and I rue the onset of an age so anxious that the pleasure of a text becomes difficult to sustain. - How to be Alone

I like number 1, I guess, because of the evidence and detail he went into describing it. He showed that privacy is very important, and the world isn't safe when privacy isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment